Archive for January 29, 2010
For this post, I just want to introduce a new feature of my website, http://topocreator.com, which enables you to convert a TCX file into an HRM file. I am a huge fan of the Polar ProTrainer software. The graphs are easy to read, and the number of different types of reports you can generate is amazing. But if you switch from a Polar product to a Garmin fitness product, then you are stuck with the Garmin Training Center which is pretty much laughable compared to the Polar ProTrainer software — not even in the same ballpark. But now you can be free of the Garmin Training Center and convert your Garmin data for use within the Polar ProTrainer software. Here is a step-by-step guide on how you too can convert your Garmin data for use within Polar ProTrainer 5.
- Plug your garmin into your computer using the mini-usb cable.
- Navigate to the following url: http://topocreator.com/polar.php
- Click Browse… and navigate to the GPX folder on your Garmin
- Set your personal params (max hr, resting hr, etc…) for the output HRM file
- Click the “Upload and convert” button
- Save the .HRM file to your Desktop
- Start Polar Pro Trainer
- Double-click the calendar on the correct date
- Click the “Day-information” tab
- Click the “Add New Exercise” button
- Click the “Attach” button and select “Attack from exercise”
- Navigate to your Desktop and select the .HRM file you saved in Step 6
- Fill in any extra information for the ride